COVID-19 Special Update
May 19th, 2020
OUR CENTRES ARE CLOSED UNTIL MAY 29TH UNDER THE PROVINCIAL EMERGENCY ORDER. SO WE WILL BE OPENING ON JUNE 1ST , 2020. WE ARE ACCEPTING REGISTRATIONS ON ALL OUR SITES FOR OUR MONTESSORI & REGULAR PROGRAMS SO PLEASE CONTACT US BY EMAIL OR WITH OUR BOOK A TOUR FORM.
April 5th, 2020
We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy so we can together get through this Covid-19 situation. We wanted to send out a note to say we miss you and can’t wait to get back to routine. I am sure you are in the same situation. Given the recent announcement by the government we will remain closed until April 18th, 2020. If anything changes, we will keep you updated.
We thank everyone for their cooperation during this time, we understand that this impacts everyone, and we will continue to update parents as we are made aware of new information. There are no further charges as mentioned in our previous communication and we will let you know if the date above changes.
March 16th, 2020
As a follow up to our notice yesterday to all families we are writing provide an update regarding COVID-19.
Even though the Ministerial Order to close publicly funded schools does NOT apply to childcares. Based on the request from Dr. David Williams, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer today March 16, 2020 as of 8:00pm to close childcare centres as soon as possible SimplySmart will be closing as of tomorrow March 17th at 6:00pm until April 5th, 2020. In this difficult time we are hoping that we can work together to prevent the spread of this virus and stay safe and healthy. Please note that we will be deeply sanitizing and disinfecting our facilities to be ready to open after this is over.
We will also continue to update parents via our App and this page on any updates regarding this situation. We need to work together at this difficult time and support each other to stay healthy and win over this pandemic.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. We thank everyone for their cooperation during this time, we understand that this impacts everyone and we will continue to update parents as we are made aware of new information.
March 15th, 2020
As a follow up to our notice on Friday to all families we are writing below to provide further guidance regarding COVID-19.
The Ministerial Order to close publicly funded schools does NOT apply to childcares. Based on advice from Dr. David Williams, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, anyone returning from travel outside Canada:
- Is to stay at home and not return to childcare for 14 days
- Keep us informed of their travel
- Monitor their health for COVID-19 symptoms (flu-like symptoms)
- If symptoms develop call the local public health unit
- This applies to everyone in the household including parents, grandparents, children
Steps taken by SimplySmart Childcare & Montessori to ensure health and safety of their children and staff:
- Parents are asked to drop their children at the door and not enter classrooms
- Parents are asked to fill out the screening sheet in the morning at drop off at front desk
- Anyone with an elevated temperature of 100.4F or over will be asked to stay home and return after 14 days of staying home. This is completely as per Health guidelines for prevention of the spread of COVID-19.
- Reinforcing regular hand washing and proper hand hygiene.
- Reminders to teachers and children to be mindful of coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Children, staff and volunteers will be reminded to stay home when they are feeling any of the flu like symptoms
- Staff will take extra care to ensure soap dispensers are filled at all times and hand dryers are working.
- All sensory activities have been suspended.
- Cleaning routines will be adjusted so that commonly touched surfaces, such as door knobs, panic bars, push plates on doors, etc. are now cleaned twice daily, and all tabletops/surfaces will be cleaned three to five times daily.
- All toys are being sanitized in the commercial high temperature sanitizing machines everyday.
- No visitors are permitted into the center except as necessary
For more information please visit:
Peel Pubic Health: peelregion.ca/coronavirus
Ontario Ministry of Health: http://www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
Government of Canada Travel Advice and Advisory: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories/pneumonia-china
We thank everyone for their cooperation during this time, we understand that this impacts everyone and we will continue to update parents as we are made aware of new information.
At any time please feel free to call the centre or email.
SimplySmart Child Care Team
Creativity & learning for a better future.